Registration Hotline - 01379 740619 - - - - -
Simon Gore Consulting Ltd
8 Upper Street, Oakley, Diss, IP21 4AX
Copyright Simon Gore Consulting Ltd (SGCL)
All rights reserved.
Our events are going paperless, find out how this affects you attendance,
Registration Hotline 01379 740619
Trusted since 2002 to deliver affordable, timely and reliable legal training
12.30 - 5pm
Live, Interactive and On-Demand
HMRC in insolvency and tackling Coronavirus Fraud; a 2021 update
- Furlough debt
- Coronavirus Fraud
- Government loans
- Preferential claims
Ian M Defty, Begbies Traynor
and Kevin Humphries, Integrated Dispute Resolution
Update on misfeasance, use of company money and maintaining records - WOW Internet Ltd.
Phillip Patterson and James Shaw, Hardwicke Chambers
Arbitrating against a distressed or insolvency party - risks and rewards
- How to monitor before action?
- Interim reliefs
- Security for costs
- Third-party funding
Robert-Jan Temmink QC, Quadrant
Using Part 36 offers as a tool. When and how best to apply.
Stephen Hunt, Griffins
3.20pm Afternoon break
The re-introduction of the wrongful trading provisions and the usefulness of Z scores’
- Discussion of the most recent and most relevant existing authorities on wrongful
- Consideration of the current position regarding the re-introduction of the provisions
from 01.05.21, as well as the position when they were briefly brought back into
force between 01.10.20 and 25.11.20;
- An explanation of Z scores; and
- Consideration of how Z scores could be used in wrongful trading claims.
Nathan Webb and Ruhi Sethi Smith, Forum Chambers
and Trevor Slack, Griffins
Recent developments in the law relating to minority shareholders’ rights, including winding up on the just and equitable ground.
Bridget Lucas QC, Fountain Court Chambers
Tax pitfalls in a Members’ Voluntary Liquidation.
- Basic taxation principles
- Distributions between subsidiary and parent: income or capital? An expensive
- Possible solution.
- Director’s loan account: don’t assign or novate the loan.
- Section 396B ITTOIA 2005: HMRC charging capital gains to income tax.
Philip Ridgway, Temple Tax Chambers
Benefits of attending
Live interactive zoom presentations from leading IPs and Counsel.
Topical panel discussions on the latest sector developments
Attendee polls and live chat during presentations
Access to recordings and resources after the event
Up to 4.5 CPD hours