Registration Hotline - 01379 740619 - - - - -
Simon Gore Consulting Ltd
8 Upper Street, Oakley, Diss, IP21 4AX
Copyright Simon Gore Consulting Ltd (SGCL)
All rights reserved.
Our events are going paperless, find out how this affects you attendance,
Registration Hotline 01379 740619
Trusted since 2002 to deliver affordable, timely and reliable legal training
Private Client Tax Litigation 2019
This podcast will be recorded on 30th September. A download link will be emailed one working day later.
Recording duration - 1 hour
- HMRC’s approach to litigating APNs and Fns,
- What are the alternatives to traditional statutory appeals (pros and cons),
- Best approach for challenging procedural issues such as enquiries and
- General attitudes towards taxpayers and tax avoidance methods,
- Ways to challenge the exercise of HMRC’s discretion,
- Best practice in dealing with non-appealable matters.
Rory Mullan and Patrick Boch, Tax Chambers
Private Client: Personal Tax - "Highly impressive in the area of offshore tax planning issues for UK residents"
Tax: Corporate - "Very good at making the most complicated tax issues understandable for clients"
Rory was selected for Tax Journal's 40 under 40 Ones to Watch in Tax for 2015 where he is praised for having "attention to detail ... yet can see the wood for the trees" and being "frighteningly intelligent and also very hard working".
Rory is co-author of The Interaction of EU Treaty Freedoms and the UK Tax Code (Key Haven Publications November 2011).
He is a member of the Revenue Bar Association, the Chancery Bar Association and the Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group. He is also qualified as a Chartered Tax Adviser and sits on the CIOT EU and Human Rights sub-committee.
Prior to joining Chambers in September 2018, Patrick Boch was a tax litigation lawyer at the Solicitor’s Office, HM Revenue and Customs. He has also worked for a Japanese investment bank, and as a county court advocate.
- This podcast is being recorded on 17th October.
- Questions for our presenters should be emailed to us no later than
5pm 14th July for inclusion in the recording.
- Subscribers will receive a download link on 16th July.
- Recording file in mp4 format. Handouts in MS Power Point.
- Watch from our web browser link to download to your own device
with no restriction on playback.
- CPD 1 Hour (SRA A2) ACCA. CIOT
Other ways to register
Call us on 01379 740619
Other webinars in our Spring Tax Update
Domicile, cross border administration and lifetime planning issues
Webinar Recorded 9th April