Registration Hotline - 01379 740619 - - - - -
Simon Gore Consulting Ltd
8 Upper Street, Oakley, Diss, IP21 4AX
Copyright Simon Gore Consulting Ltd (SGCL)
All rights reserved.
Registration Hotline 01379 740619
Ben Amunwa & Rachel Coyle, Property Specialists at 36 Bedford Row
Find more about our presenters by clicking on the links below;
Watching this webinar will help solicitors meet the following requirements set out in the Statement of Solicitor Competence
A2 - Maintain competence and legal knowledge
A4 - Draw on detailed knowledge/understanding
An update for civil and property lawyers on the rapid legal developments in service charges disputes. Includes 2 parts focusing on the substantive law and costs recovery:
1. Construction of service charge machinery: Firstport Property Service Limited v Ahmet  UKUT 0036 (LC), 21 February 2017.
2. Payment under protest: Making a service charge/administration charge payment under protest whilst reserving their right to challenge the reasonableness of the sums demanded by the freeholder at a later date: Avon Freeholders Ltd v Garnier  UKUT 477 (LC)
3. Estoppel by Convention: Jetha v Basildon Court Residents Company Limited  UKUT 58 (LC), 16 February 2017
1. Recovery of legal costs arising out of threatened proceedings through service charges payable by tenants: Bretby Hall Management Co Ltd v Pratt Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber), 17 February 2017  UKUT 70 (LC)
2. Costs in the FTT(PC) and ‘unreasonable conduct’: Matier v Christchurch Gardens (Epsom) Ltd  UKUT 56 (LC)
3. Regulation 13(1) (b) Tribunal Procedure Rules and section 20C of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985: Primeview Developments Limited v Ahmed  UKUT 0057. "
Property Law Case Round-Up
WEBINAR 24th May, 11.15am - 12.45pm
20 Single Licence - £50 Company Licence - 1.5 CPD HOURS