Registration Hotline 01379 740619
Trusted since 2002 to deliver affordable, timely and reliable legal training
Other ways to register
Call us on 01379 740619
Financial Abuse of Private Clients
5th September, 11.30am - 1pm
Broadcast Live and also available on demand
- What is meant by financial abuse and how do we identify it?
- Common perpetrators
- Common methods
- Prevention is better than cure
- Engaging external agencies such as the Police, social services, OPG, CQC,CIFAC
- Key Civil Remedies:
- Set aside on grounds of lack of capacity
- Undue influence
- Remedies against fiduciaries
- Remedies in CoP:
- Abuse by attorneys and deputies – revoking LPA/EPAs and removing deputies
- Retrospective approval of gifts
- Role of statutory wills: Public Guardian v JM  2 WLUK 301
- Recovery from perpetrators share of estate: RE HH  EWCOP 13
- Exploitation: growing use of marriage to facilitate financial abuse
- the test for capacity to marry
- Re DMM (Alzheimer's: power of attorney)  EWCOP 32
- Criminal offence: s.121 ABCPA 2014
Charlotte John & Alison Meacher of Hardwicke Chambers
About our presenters
Click on the links to find out more.
Charlotte John -
Alison Meacher -
Broadcast live and also recorded for on-demand viewing. Attendees watching live can type questions direct to our presenters or if you are unable to attend on the date, please email your questions one day before to hear answers during the recording.
Each broadcast/recording uses a power point viewer and audio only. No cameras are used. Recording files are in mp4.