Registration Hotline 01379 740619
Domestic Abuse Webinar
Webinar, Recording on 26th February. Download available from 27th.
Following its consultation on tackling domestic abuse, Transforming the Response to Domestic Abuse, the government has published a response and identified measures for implementation in a draft Domestic Abuse Bill published on 21 January 2019 . In light of the draft Bill we consider current domestic abuse law, remedies and practical approaches to injunctive relief within wider family proceedings; and in the context of contemporary issues faced by family law practitioners.
- The statistics;
- The current law;
- The draft Domestic Abuse Bill.
Remedies and Practical approaches:
- Domestic abuse and mediation;
- Injunctive relief in non-molestation, occupation and prohibited steps orders;
- Domestic abuse within financial remedy and children act proceedings;
- Taking a practical approach.
Contemporary issues: `
- Widening the definition and awareness of forms of domestic abuse;
- Disparity in approach in private vs public children law proceedings;
- Litigants in person;
- Pressures on the family courts.
Rachel Cooper, Coram Chambers and Elizabeth Simos of Ketley Miller Joels
Take a look at our full schedule of family law webinars for 2019
CPD - 1 hour (SRA A2)
Recording format - mp4 with MS Power Point Slides.