Registration Hotline - 01379 740619 - - - - -
Simon Gore Consulting Ltd
8 Upper Street, Oakley, Diss, IP21 4AX
Copyright Simon Gore Consulting Ltd (SGCL)
All rights reserved.
Our events are going paperless, find out how this affects you attendance,
Family Law - 2020 Conference
Thursday 30th January -
1 Park Crescent, London (provisional)
Our annual conference returns and this time, we're majoring on practical application to many age old matrimonial issues with more panel sessions and presenters to give family practitioners that ultimate tool kit to help your clients.
Registration from 8.45am
What’s new on the international scene, calderbanks, practice directions and everything in-between!
David Hodson OBE MCIArb, The International Family Law Group
Barbara Corbett, Corbett Le Quesne
Philip Marshall QC, 1 KBW
James Roberts QC, 1 KBW
with 1 Hare Court's Phillip Blatchly, Roxanne Reiser, Nicholas Wilkinson
- Moderated by Joanne Edwards, Forsters
11.10 Morning Break
Maintenance after Mills
- The Statutory Framework
- Term Orders, Joint Lives and Section 28(1A) bars
- Variation and termination
- Waggott, Mills, O'Dwye and the interrelationship between capital and income
with Nicholas Allen QC and Joe Switaliski, 29 Bedford Row
Commonly encountered issues in Schedule 1
- School fees. S. 8(7) CSA 1997 and sch 1.
- Sch 1 and disability (top up orders under s. 8 CSA 1991, special circumstances under s. 29(2) & (3) MCA 73,
then para 2(1) sch1 for children over 18, noting the limitation on settlement or transfer of property under para
2(2) sch 1). Note the trap in Re N (Payments for Benefit of Child)  1 FLR 1442m whereby adauly child
has no right to apply if immediately before 16 boorthday a pp order was in force in their favour (sch 2(3) sch 1).
- Interim maintenance
- International cases - jurisdiction; enforcement; Brexit.
- Costs - funding for legal costs, and costs orders on the conclusion of proceedings.
- Practice and procedure.
- Chapter 4 versus Chapter 5.
with Chris Car & Lauren Lanson, 36 Family
This session will focus on the recent PAG report and give best practice guidance on dealing with pensions as well as minimising professional negligence issues.
with Rhys Taylor (36 Family), George Mathieson (Mathieson Consulting), Paul Cobley (Oak Barn) and Grant Lazarus (7 Harrington Street)
Break out workshop - Latest Private Children Update with Harcourt Chambers.
Led by John Vater QC, Jane Campbell & Edward Bennett (90mins)
- Arbitration in children cases
- Parental alienation
TOLATA - An overview (with worked examples) of:
- Joint names cases
- Sole name cases;
- Bank of Mum and Dad’;
- Procedural issues (including costs); and
- Equitable accounting;
with Greg Williams & Mike Horton, Coram Chambers.
16.00 Afternoon break
Contentious Family Issues
- Disputes involving overseas assets
- Tackling complex estates and hidden assets
- Assets held in private family companies - Enforcement challenges
- Alternatives to the English Family Court
with Edward Cumming QC (XXIV Old Buildings), Kristina Kicks (KPMG) and David Burles (1GC Family Law).
Did you know
Our 2018 and 2019 conference sold out with 200 + attendees!
ONLY £199 per person
3 for 2 Group Offer