Domestic Abuse Webinar
Webinar, Recording on 26th February. Download available from 27th.
Following its consultation on tackling domestic abuse, Transforming the Response to Domestic Abuse, the government has published a response and identified measures for implementation in a draft Domestic Abuse Bill published on 21 January 2019 . In light of the draft Bill we consider current domestic abuse law, remedies and practical approaches to injunctive relief within wider family proceedings; and in the context of contemporary issues faced by family law practitioners.
- The statistics;
- The current law;
- The draft Domestic Abuse Bill.
Remedies and Practical approaches:
- Domestic abuse and mediation;
- Injunctive relief in non-molestation, occupation and prohibited steps orders;
- Domestic abuse within financial remedy and children act proceedings;
- Taking a practical approach.
Contemporary issues: `
- Widening the definition and awareness of forms of domestic abuse;
- Disparity in approach in private vs public children law proceedings;
- Litigants in person;
- Pressures on the family courts.
Rachel Cooper, Coram Chambers and Elizabeth Simos of Ketley Miller Joels
Take a look at our full schedule of family law webinars for 2019
CPD - 1 hour (SRA A2)
Recording format - mp4 with MS Power Point Slides.